Open Call: Young Saudi Artists
September 8, 2019
In the context of its 10th anniversary, Athr Gallery presents In The Midst of It All, the sixth edition of the Young Saudi Artists (YSA) curated by Zahra Dar Bundakji.
Curated around the subject of the historic socio-cultural changes that are occurring in the Kingdom, artists of all disciplines are invited to apply. Whether you’re a painter, a sculptor, make ceramic, drawings, photography or video, your talent and skills are equally valued. Whether you are a witness or an agent of these developments, they are sweeping and upon us. Who and where are you in the midst of it all?
YSA 19 DATES:
- YSA 19 Deadline: September 8, 2019
- YSA 19 Winners Announcement: September 21, 2019
- ِArtworks should be delivered to ATHR no later than October 13, 2019
- YSA 19 Exhibition Opening: November 6, 2019
YSA 19 TERMS & CONDITIONS
YSA 19 APPLICANT CRITERIA
- Open to Saudi nationals and residents
- Applicant must be between the age of 18 and 33
- Open to all art mediums
- Applicants must be seriously considering art as their career path and not just a hobby
YSA 19 APPLICATION PROCESS
- All applicants must apply through the form below
- All applicants must upload a detailed CV (not more than 2 pages)
- Proposal: All applicants must upload an Image of their participating artwork with detailed description of medium and concept (up to 500 words maximum)
- Portfolio: All applicants must upload 6 Images of previous works with their descriptions
- Applications received after September 8 will not be taken into consideration.
YSA EVALUATION CRITERIA
Artists will be selected by an international committee of artists, patrons, curators and Athr representatives. Successful submissions will be evaluated on the following:
- Artistic Skills: The work will be evaluated on the level of technical skill executed in the medium.
- Concept: The work must express a concept that is well researched, developed and critical.
- Originality and Authenticity: The work will be evaluated on its originality. It must present an original and authentic contemporary outlook of the theme that reflects the artist’s unique imagination and intuition. [Innovate not imitate]
To Apply, Click Here
Back to News